Monday, June 27, 2016

June 10, 2016: Madison, WI

June 10 2016

The farmers’ market square in Madison - it was very loud there because people were having fun - they had microphones and  I tried on the police stuff. I saw lots of farmers selling healthy stuff. The people that went with me were my family we got to win prizes there.

Then we went to the state capital and the fun part about it was that i got to be picked to help the tour guide. The building was very pretty and it had lots of different marbles. It was huge in size. The shape of the building was the rotunda, or round. There was a copy of the Liberty Bell but it wasn’t cracked. The woman that was on top of the capitol was Miss Forward. She was made out of pure gold and she had on her head a badger. There were snail shells that are fossils in the marble walls. There were a middle judge who was the leader of the judges.  There was a painting of King John who signed the Magna Carta. If I was a senator I would have to press the red button to talk. My favorite part about it was that I got to sit in the red chairs. The assembly and senate had to do bills/laws.    After the tour, I got to walk around the balcony.  

Then we went to Noodles and I finished a whole pasta by myself. And we took a little walk down State Street. We had ice cream by the lake. Then we went home.  I learned a lot in Madison.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post Ethan. I lived in Madison for 3 years and walked up and down State Street lots of times. I never toured the capitol building even once, but I lived about 4 blocks away from it. I think your dad visited me there once. I also have eaten ice cream on the patio at Memorial Union, overlooking the lake. I'm guessing that was where you had ice cream. Now you can tell people you attended the University of Wisconsin, because one end of State Street is at the capitol and the other end is at the University Of Wisconsin.

    Tell them you got A+ in every class you took there.

    ReplyDelete